Sunday, April 20, 2008

Review week - Finding a focus point
This didn't go too well because didn't really do any of the stuff I was told to do but managed to find an area of Multimedia audiovisual design to focus on. Decided to spend my spare time studying special effects and art production in films starting with learning to use Adobe After Effects, will be looking to expand my knowledge to various other artistic/graphical design programs as well as non-digital effects and costumes/set design etc. Will then hopefully transfer these skills into my final year project, at the moment looking to do a documentary on the underground music scene in Nottingham, or maybe West Midlands Safari Park/some other zoo; so will hope to create a documentary with an artistic twist.

I am going to make a more in depth analysis on and study films I feel make exceptional or interesting use of special effects/art production (may also take a look at the scripts as screen writing interests me too) :

Sin City (2005)
Planet Terror (2007)
Natural Born Killers (1994)
Ghost Busters (1984)

No comments: