Thursday, March 19, 2009

Client Project Progress
Progress on this project has not been too easy. Adobe Premiere is basically a piece of shit in terms of reliability, its slow and crashes every 10 minutes, or it cuts off the sound for the entire computer leading to restart every 10 minutes. Also despite the client being extremely happy with my work so far it seems I have a lot of changes to be made due to copyright and design issues. I have mainly been using footage from various films and documentaries and at his stage simply mixing them together, I do intend to add more interesting visual effects once the basic design layout is complete and therefore overthrowing the copyright laws, however my work does look a little 'thin' in terms of effort. Therefore I have begun to film more stuff myself for use in the video, starting with footage from Happy Go Lucky itself last Friday. I will continue to capture footage throughout Easter to add to my video as well as adding further visual effects to the final edit.

Also I have begun using Sony Vegas Movie Studio instead of Premiere and it is a dream to use so basically I have a lot to do but am confident the end result should meet its requirement.

Here is the video so far (prior to the alterations that need to be made):

No comments: