Sunday, April 22, 2007

Website Update
After much fiddling around with Dreamweaver and Fireworks creating different designs I have come to conclude that the general layout design for my website is a tacky piece of shit and plan to start over.Although I feel the general concept of the design is OK...it just doesn't have a very modern or slick feel to it...and especially doesn't suit the corporation that I'm trying to promote.The colours just aren't right and the graphics are too big and bulky...just generally has a very unprofessional feel to it....some of my feedback sources described it as looking too 90's as well. My plan now is too look at various websites for inspiration and work on giving my website a more basic but slick look to it.Also recently purchased a book from the reading list - Designing Brand Identity, so hopefully this will help too.
In regards to Jool's comment about the logo being hard to read, I have tried out various other colour schemes which has hopefully rectified the problem.
Here is the website that I intend to scrap and some more logo designs:-



No comments: