Thursday, December 06, 2007

Script Writing
I am starting to research various ideas and scripts to help with writing my own script. As mentioned before I pretty much worship South Park.....the characters and stories are strange and hilarious while the meanings and morales are generally insightful and true. Overall the show is funny, crude, surreal and intelligent......all qualities that I appreciate. I would therefore love to create a script which held similar qualities but could be written for film (on a low budget) rather than cartoon. More recent series' of South Park have become increasingly intelligent and complex, full of messages and political views which are far beyond my intellectual capacity.....however earlier episodes had more simple premises such as mutant turkeys, aliens, zombies and talking Christmas poo which is more the kind of feel I'm aiming for.......stupid and surreal.

Here is an exert from a classic season 2 episode, "Prehistoric Ice Man".
Further South Park transcripts can be viewed here: http://www.angelfire.com/nf/spdomain/script.html

[on a hill]

[the scamps each have supersoakers]

Cartman [with an accent]: There's bound to be some crocs out here. I'll use my croc-call and try and bring them in. Bre-ni-ni bre-ni-ni!

Kyle: That's not how a croc sounds you fatass penis!

Cartman [with an accent]: Now I'm gonna kick my friend Kyle in the bean-bag and see what happens, boy crocky

[Kyle moves away and Cartman follows him]

Kyle: Get away from me, Cartman!

Cartman [with an accent]: Come here, crocky

[Kyle trips over a rock]

Kyle: Ah!

[Kyle falls into a hole]

[the scamps go over to the hole]

Stan: Dude!

Kyle: Help!

[Kyle hits the bottom]

Stan: Good job Cartman! You killed Kyle!

Kenny: {You bastard!}

Cartman: Well he shouldn'tve called me fat

Stan: Why the hell not?! That's like calling the sky blue!

Cartman: Well screw him, he's dead! Let's go look for crocodiles

[he walks off]

Kyle: You guys!

Stan: Hey, he's still alive

[Cartman comes back]

Stan: Kyle, are you okay?

Kyle: I think so. I Cartman out there?

Cartman: I'm right here, Kyle

Kyle: Cartman, you fuckin hunk of fat rat fuckin hunk of pig fuckin ass fat!

Cartman: Oh yeah! Oh yeah! Say that to my face, pussy!

No comments: